Well, I have been using Tversity for some time now and it really just works great. It is pretty simple to install and setup and best of all it is FREE. If you haven't guessed it yet I love to find great free software! Now, Tversity does have a "Pro" version you pay for that lets you stream Hulu and other premium web content if you need to do that. However the free version works great and does everything I need.
TVersity is a media server where you manage your media files like video, music and photos, so that they can be distributed to other networked devices on your home network. There are a large amount of media content available including Internet TV and radio stations, as well as any podcast subscriptions you might have. What this means is that you can have all this content playing on your game console that's connected to your HDTV in your living room...pretty cool huh?Download it and let me know what you think.
You can download the free version here:
Tversity

Is there a downloadable version for mac?
ReplyDeleteSorry Clack...no Mac version of Tversity yet. There is another media server for Mac called MediaLink, I have not tried it yet but it looks pretty good, you may want to check it out. Here is the link to their site:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.nullriver.com/products/medialink